The revenge was sweet!!

I might have been to bitter about the eldar after last game but with all the buffs they got I feel I'm entitled to some wine to go with the cheese. 

I took a list with daemonkin and daemons vs his list. 

Not sure if you can tell what he had but I'll try to remember; 

1 farseer on bike with 6 bikers
3 bikers
3x5 dire avengers with serpent
6 fire dragons 
3 vypers 
1 wraith knight
1 falcon 
1 fire prism
And 5 spiders. 



I got a thirster with D axe, 
2 heralds on discs
2x11 pinks
1 beast of nurgle
15 flesh hounds
9 screamers
1 tzeentch Prince
Daemonkin 
1 herald
8 cultists
1 helldrake 

We play with all the nerds the itc use (no 2++ reroll d makes d2 wounds and invisibility is bs1

Got some awesome gifts on the thirster giving him it will not die and 4+FnP making him really survivable. 
And the Eldar player didn't go all cheese with the bikes only having shuriken cannons instead of scatter lasers everywhere. 

Got a great warlord trait as well. Stealth in ruins and move through cover. So I had all the tools I needed to stay alive. 

Got first turn and move everything up and made it so his escape routes were all blocked and the only thing being able to leave was the bikes with farseer, they swooshed over to the other side and took one objective but I would get to them later. 

He shot everything into the thirster and the dogs only managed to kill six dogs and remove one wound from the thirster. 

Then turn two it was my turn to deal the damage. 

The Helldrake came in shooting his flames all over the bikes who turned invisible but since I'm bs1 against it he tasted the flames. The farseer and two bikes survived dealing two wounds to the farseer due to failed LoS rolls. Remembering his stove might still be on in The craft world, he ran of the board never to be seen again. 

The thirster charged the dragons. 
He was refused the challenge but I didn't want to be out in the open taking all that dakka in the face I decided to smash only killing one making them stay in CC one more round with me :)

The dogs killed the fire avengers, and later the falcon before Beeing shoot down to just a single dog. 

My screamer star is something I get overly excited with sometimes. 
I failed the Grimoire and still charged his serpent. What I should have done was returning to my deployment zone or at least hide in a ruin for a 3+ save. 

Now with them crushing the serpent they were in the open with a 4+ JINK. He killed eight of my nine screamers on one round of shooting. After that I ran away with them keeping them safe in the deployment zone. 

The most awesome moment was what I hoped for would happen. The Wraith knight and the thirster clashed into combat leaving the thirster victorious. It was rather scary seeing him roll the stomp Before removing his knight. Only rolling a one left the thirster Beeing able to wreck havoc some more killing a tank (can't remember if it was a falcon or serpent) and after me flickering fire down his vypers he gave up (only having a serpent and 6 dire avengers left on the table I can't blame him)


I had hot dice with the powers and the traits but I won't take away my victory :)

It felt so good finally winning against his eldar loosing 5-6 games in a row to them. I will hopefully put up some more pictures later but they are on the regular camera. 

Have a great day!


Comments

Popular Posts